Updated: Jul 13, 2022
Welcome friends to another week. Keep holding on, keep the faith. It occurred to me we never, if ever, talk about our beliefs. Some churches teach them but do not teach them so as not to offend anyone. That said, sincere belief comes from the heart. It cannot be artificial, as the Lord sees through our actions and intentions. As you can tell, I must have been thinking about desert. There are four pieces of this pie. First, many people say they have beliefs; however, they cannot voice them when asked. The next piece of this is that a person believes what their church or parents say but does not have personal convictions. The third piece is that some have them but fear rejection from family or friends. The last bit is some do not have any idea what they believe.
I was one of those whose beliefs were rooted in what I heard on Sunday, but they were never solid. Or I allowed peer pressure to make those decisions for me. When I left the church, everything I heard went out the window. It is easier to float and believe in everything but not have the conviction of anything. Sadly, we find this trend among confessing Christians as well as non-Christians. Some have never stopped to think about what they believe. As a result, many drift with the wind. I am not telling anyone what to believe. That decision is between the person and God. However, as a conversation starter, I listed 11 Biblical truths to chew on. One may or may not agree; that is a person’s choice.
1. Christ is the only begotten son of his dad, God. (Psalms 2:7; Hebrews 5:5; John 1:18 and John 3:16). The Bible lists begotten son 1,813 times.
2. The trinity, father, son, and Holy Ghost are real. There are 106 references in the Bible concerning the father, son, and Holy Ghost. I chose only two of the 3,156 verses. (Matthew 28:19; Luke 1:35; etc.)
3. There is only one way to get into Heaven: believing in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. (1 Cor 15:1-4); There are 384 examples using death, burial, or resurrection in the Bible)
4. The Bible is the inspired word of God; it is true. (2 Tim 3:16). There are 4,449 verses in the Bible using the words God, word, and inspired.
5. Satan is real (Matt 12:26; Job 1:2). There are 49 references to the word Satan.
6. We cannot please him without faith. Faith is believing in something one cannot see, but assurance of things we hope to see. Anyone can believe, but without faith, we cannot please God. (Hebrews 1:16; 11-1, Eph 2:8-9) There are 229 verses of faith in the New Testament.
7. We can’t get into Heaven without repentance;(change of mind) (Jer 29-13-14, 2 Cor 7:10). It is cited 26 times in the Bible.
8. Salvation keeps us from God’s wrath. (2 Cor 6:2; Heb 5:9; Acts 4:12) There are 158 illustrations of salvation in the Bible.
9. God’s grace is real. If it wasn’t for his grace, where would we be? We do not earn grace. It is given freely by God. (Eph 2:8-9). There are 159 illustrations in the Bible.
10. God made in his image, and life begins at conception. (Gen 1:27; Colossians 3:10); The words his and image appears 83 times in the New Testament.
11 God created all of us, both male and female, and that marriage is between one man and one woman. There are no exceptions. There are 49 occasions in the Bible. (Mark 10:9; Genesis 6:19)
All of us have a choice to believe or not believe these truths. No one can make a person believe something they do not want to believe. I saw this and experienced this through the years. However, in the end, it was my heart that turned to the truth, not what someone made me believe out of coercion, or so I looked religious. If you have any more, you’d like to add, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I hope you have had a blessed week. Keep looking up.