Welcome friends to another week. I had another blog prepared for this week. However, As I watched YouTube, there was a video that was so powerful that I could not ignore it. A street preacher in England reached out to many people. In this video, everyone the preacher talked with did not believe in Christ nor did they want a relationship with him. Many rejected Jesus by blasphemy, anger, or denial. Some cursed the preacher while others insulted him. The video is titled "This is Why You Never Test God." It is only ten minutes, but a powerful ten minutes. That said, rejecting Christ is the worst action anyone can take. It is a denial of the God who can save a person's soul. Those who reject Christ reject him for many reasons. However, we can nail them down to them five.
1. Many people do not want a savior or need one, which was the case in the video. Many thought they were fine, reminding me of Matthew West's song, I'm Fine. They did not need anyone to wash away their sins. Accepting the gospel meant giving up pleasures or preconceived ideas or changing their minds about God's deity and salvation. The gospel did not fit into their lives. The preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18
2. People joined forces with their peers to argue against salvation. Many argued and cursed the preacher. Peer pressure is a mighty influence and so is common ground. If people hinted, they wanted a relationship with Christ, their peers laughed, scorned, or left them. In a young person's world, peers mean everything. They become their lifelines for parties, drinking and sharing intimate details. Therefore, fearing they will lose their buddies, many will remain silent. What does the Bible say about this subject? If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. Luke 14:26 KJV
3. Some people depended on their good deeds to get them to Heaven. The Bible is clear about this matter. One man named all of his works then told the preacher his preaching was nonsense. The man did not want to hear about sin or hell. Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. Galatians 2:16
4. Many were enticed by what they had in this world; they didn't want any part of the gospel. We cannot imagine eternity. It seems for many, their eternity is on Earth. Therefore, it is easier to believe in something they can see rather than something they cannot see. They can see earthly things, stores, clothing, vehicles, or food. However, Heaven is abstract and invisible. Our world has become a place where everyone connects via phones or computers. For a person to imagine a place outside the known world becomes frightening. Therefore, they become uncomfortable. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. Mark 16:16 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 2 Corinthians 4:3 One angry man cursed Christ by mocking him and his deity, which is extremely serious. God will not forgive it; however, he will forgive his other sins if he turns to Jesus for salvation. "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. Matthew 12:31-32
5. Some blamed God for every event they believed was unjust or wrong in their lives- parent(s), relatives, or pet deaths; loss of employment, all failures, or pick a reason. Many also blamed God for their decisions, mainly when their decisions caused distress or hurt others. In other words, they contently found fault with God. We are to blame for our choices, through pride and disobedience. God does not make anyone do anything. One of the best examples was Eve, who chose to disobey God's instructions then enticed her husband to do the same. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 1 John 2:16
God is sovereign and righteous; he cannot lie , promised before the world began; But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our savior; (Titus 1:2-3). Sadly, in our time, many people do not believe in him, nor do they trust him. That said, people blame God for their choices or sins. Society teaches us we are gods and are free to do as we wish, as evident by conversations on the street which is why we need the gospel.
Paul's gospel says it all in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. They read: Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: It says Christ died, he was buried, and he rose again on the third day. Once one believes these verses from the heart, the person will be saved from the wrath of God.
My friends, please pray for those who reject Christ or think their good works will get them into Heaven. Time is short. I hope this blog is a blessing to all who search for Christ. His love is unmatched and will always continue. He offers salvation- no questions asked. I'd love to hear from you. Please email me at mailto:email@example.com or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org I hope you have a great week. Please do not forget to visit YouTube for the shortened companion video to this blog. Thanks for stopping by. For more information, please visit: https://www.gty.org/library/study-guides/140/the-tragedy-of-rejecting-salvation