Welcome, friends, to another week. After wrestling with technology for two days, it is time to blog. I am sure many of you will relate. I typed my blog, readied PowerPoint, then poof! Due to technical issues, neither one exists. The point today is to keep our eyes on Jesus and draw strength from his word. Though the week began with technological issues, God is still good, and he is always on the throne. While the world falls apart, remember those born again will not see the end results. For others, who are considering making Christ your Lord and Savior, do not fear. Accept Christ, and most importantly, keep your eyes on him.
When we first believe, we are excited and want to share the good news with everyone. As the years go on, we may become less excited and more filled with other things. After all, everyone's life is busy with obligations, bills, families, and the list continues. Most of us can nearly fill a page with all the "things" we have to do in a given week, month, or year. However, the one constant in our lives, for those who believe, is Christ. He does not move from our sides nor forget us. He is with us from birth to death. We may not think about his goodness, mercy, and patience when situations arise; however, to assure us, God placed more than 100 verses in the Bible telling us he is with us. Sadly, many people do not realize he is with them; in today's fast-paced life, many think they are alone.
Keeping our eyes on Christ and sharing the gospel with all who will listen is critical. Time is short. My pastor, a wise man, concentrates on the here and now and salvation for the unsaved. Today is about helping people become saved and spreading the gospel. I want to share some verses about keeping our eyes fixed on Christ. My friends, I keep hearing of those who are being scorned, persecuted, or cursed out for Christ. Many call Christians fools and think we are crazy. Do not fear. God is still on the throne. In my personal life, I have witnessed scorn as well. Be encouraged. Keep planting seeds. Of the over 135 verses about courage and strength, I picked 10.
1. Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9
2. "Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD." Psalm 27:14
3. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. Psalm 61:3
4. The Lord is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him. Exodus 15:2
5. The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. Psalm 18:2
6. It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect. Psalm 18:32
7. The way of the Lord is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity. Proverbs 10:29
8. For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. Romans 5:6
9. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 1 Corinthians 1:25
10. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13
As usual, I like to end my blog with two salvation verses out of the dozens listed in the Bible. The first one is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:10
I hope this blog is a blessing to all who search for Christ. His love is unmatched and will always continue. He offers salvation- no questions asked. I'd love to hear from you. Please email me at mailto:email@example.com or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org I hope you have a great week. Please do not forget to visit YouTube for the shortened companion video to this blog. Thanks for stopping by.